Dare to Decide!

by bevbarnes on March 7, 2012

I made a video! Woo-hoo!

I’m talking about the first step to creating your life’s work and that is Daring to Decide. Watch the video and share with me on the blog why you have decided to find your passions or create your life’s work!

A big thank you to Jenny Shih for inspiring my video making.

Tell me below on the blog your big reason for finding your passions and creating your life’s work! I’m sure you have a big “why” and I want to know what it is!

Michelle March 8, 2012 at 12:21 pm

I absolutely love this, Bev. When you truly decide everything starts falling into place. It’s when we keep the “back doors” open and we aren’t 100% committed that it feels like nothing is happening with our dreams.
My big reason for finding and following my purpose is to feel alive and to do what I love. To work from home and have the freedom to create work that makes me proud to be who I am. I want to change lives and make a difference and there is no way I could do that by working for somebody else.
Taking the steps towards living my dreams empowers me to become the best ME I can be.
Thank you for your wisdom and encouragement.
LOVE the video 🙂 You should do this more often.

Bev Barnes March 8, 2012 at 12:57 pm

I totally agree Michelle! Congratulations for deciding. Thanks for the video love. It was really fun. I get to be goofy, a natural part of my personality!

Emma March 8, 2012 at 1:44 pm

How great to make a video Bev.

A new girl joined the tennis group I play in today and she was rather critical of her game as she hasn’t played much before. My thought was the same as you say in the blog; she’s actually done the tough bit now by deciding/being brave enough to get out on the court. Now that she’s shown that courage, her game will get better every week.

Bev Barnes March 8, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Thanks Emma. Daring to decide applies to everything new you are trying – including tennis!

pixiepony March 8, 2012 at 2:03 pm

Hi Bev, thanks for the great video, loved it! Perfect timing for me right now while I am deciding to dare! Michelle has a good point about keeping the “back door” open which I am totally guilty of as I inch forward on a journey that I have made once before with a new venture. I am hopeful that in a different setting I can iron out the glitches from the first time around but meanwhile it’s very hard to close those back doors just in case! Keep the videos coming-Tks

Bev Barnes March 8, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Isn’t it great how messages come at just the right time? Good luck with your new venture. Thanks for the video love. I’m going to keep doing them!

Terri Fedonczak March 8, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Great video and great message, Bev! Thank you so much for posting it…the timing was ideal. I’m looking forward to seeing you in person at the Summit! BTW, your son is precious, and I have a senior myself; I hear the success rate on arranged marriages is quite high:)

Bev Barnes March 8, 2012 at 7:19 pm

Thanks Terri! I love the arranged marriage idea :). I’m looking forward to seeing you too!

Elle March 8, 2012 at 7:40 pm

Hi Bev!

Great video, you did a nice job and your son is very handsome! I decided to find my passion because I wanted to give something to myself. I wanted to take the time for me and to have something of my own to work on. Its nice being available to the family but after awhile that was all there was so I like being able to say, “I’m busy and I have something to do.”

Bev Barnes March 8, 2012 at 8:04 pm

I love that Elle. It’s nice to have your own thing that has nothing to do with what your family wants. Its almost like your secret project that only belongs to you. Thanks for the feedback on the video and my son. I’d tell him but then he’d know I’d shared his picture 🙂

Janelle March 8, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Oh Bev! Look at your beautiful, authentic self. I’m so happy you made this video. It made me smile. Keep them up!

You know, not living my passion had some pretty serious consequences for me: illness, weight gain, depression – to name just a few. When I made the decision to follow my passion and start my own coaching practice it was scary (and I know you remember, because you coached me through it) but I’m positive that it was the best thing that I have ever done. Thanks for helping me dare to decide.

Bev Barnes March 8, 2012 at 10:26 pm

Thanks Janelle! Yes its true. Many of us get sick when we are not following our passions. Congratulations on being true to yourself!

Zarina March 10, 2012 at 2:28 am

This is sooooooo cool ! Congratulations for this great video. Can’t wait to watch the next one. As for daring to decide, I guess my big why is helping others and I have so many ways of doing it, it’s incredible. Since I dared to quit a job in a framework that was killing my passion in 2009, lots has happened. Not always easy but so much fun, I tend to forget about the hard parts. And the greatest thing is when the decision is made, we feel as light as a feather 🙂

Bev Barnes March 10, 2012 at 2:38 am

Thanks Zarina! I think that your comment about it not always being easy but that it is so much fun is really insightful as well as the lightness you feel. Thanks for sharing! I love that you have so many options now to do what you really believe you were born to do.

Michelle March 12, 2012 at 3:11 pm

LOVE this Bev. What a great video–and I love how your “WHY” and your son is adorable :). I’ve always been searching for my why and as always you made the light bulb “light up”!!! It’s my daughters, no doubt about it. I thought my “WHY” needed to be linked more to my business–and I have a why for that as well but more than anything its to create a sustainable business that I love and that allows me to be around my daughters. Ah, my heart just agreed with me as I wrote that. 🙂 Thanks so much for all you are and all you do Bev. I am so grateful. xo

Bev Barnes March 13, 2012 at 12:03 am

Hey Michelle! I’m so glad that my “why” inspired yours! Yeah Michelle!

Jenny Shih April 16, 2012 at 8:00 pm

I love seeing you on video, Bev! Nice work.

I love that you dare us to decide to create our life’s work. I’m finding myself at a new crossroads, afraid of what my next step might be. I will dare to decide… and commit to taking the next steps.

Bev Barnes April 16, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Thanks Jenny! I can’t wait to see what your next step is. I think that once you start on this path, you need to continue to decide, whether to grow, shift, change, say yes, say no. The great thing is that when you decide you make a conscious choice. I know that’s what you’re doing Jenny!